Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Do you want champagne?

What a lovely question!  This had to be one of my favorite parts of reunion.  I also realized that the absence of this question was part of the problem with my Monday.  Not a single person offered me free champagne all day!  I'm not sure how I managed to survive.

I think I might start asking "do you want champagne?"  in lieu of "how are you?"  It really changes the atmosphere of the conversation as only effervescing alcohol can... even if it is only the mention of it.  Even if you were in a really horrid situation, you would still want champagne, I imagine.  It reconstructs the most dreary day into a celebration.

I told my brother that there was only one true answer to this question: something along the lines of "Yes!" or "Absolutely!"  He pointed out that "Do you have something stronger?" would be a viable response.

No comments: