Tuesday, May 15, 2012

shop loves

A Mole

A Vole


Snickers, Other Spoiled Dogs, and Their Owners


Snickers and her owner came into the store today to buy some replacement tomatoes.  Snickers is a 4 year old chihuahua who refuses to bark.  She's prissy yet well-behaved.  Her owner is tough with a bald head, but loses all street cred when he cuddles her.

Then there's Robert who told me that he was taking his dog to Dairy Queen after work because she wanted a pineapple blizzard (a milkshake).

I asked him, "How do you know she (your dog) wants a blizzard?  Did she tell you?"

"Oh, she has ways of communicating," he replied.  He went on to tell me what her favorite sandwiches were at various fast foods.


Names that could inspire literary masterpieces


That's my favorite part of running a credit card is finding out a person's name.
Eugenia Crookshank.
Juanieshia (she spelled it out for me, which was a very good thing).  She was over the phone.
One of my co-workers is even a Mrs. Darling.

That is the beginning of a population of a most fantastic novel.  It's reminiscent of Ignatius O'Reilly in Confederacy of Dunces, which was my favorite novel in university.


Delicious Trivia


Yesterday, I learned that catnip can be used to deter mosquitoes.  You just rub it on your skin.

Birds don't have taste buds, but squirrels do.  Therefore, you can douse bird seed with hot sauce to deter squirrels from eating it.

The difference between a mole and a vole.  Heck, that there even is such a thing as a vole.  And, moles are really ugly.  They're endangered so you can't kill them; you can only repel them.  Unless, you buy rat poison and stick down their holes.  The down side to rat poison is... dogs.

Yellow and pink tomatoes have lower acidity.

Growers use steroids to get flowers to bloom when they want them to.


Saying, "I don't believe you"


Yesterday, a guy told me that he grew a 250-pound watermelon.   I asked him how he weighed it.  He told me he had to cut it into pieces and way the pieces. He said, "You don't believe me do you."  I told him that was significantly larger than a majority of humans and that there was a drought last year (WATERmelon), which lowered the plausibility of his statement. I asked him if he fished.

Another guy told me he grew a 22-pound sweet potato.  Are you detecting a theme?

Another guy told me that his okra plant grew to be 12 feet.

One woman came in and returned a sell flag with a "N" and asked to see the "F" flags.  I asked, "How did you have the wrong letter?"  She answered, "A friend gave it to me."  Um, right.  A friend who doesn't know your name?



No comments: