Tuesday, January 27, 2009

crash. burn. rise from the ashes.

This little punk is getting to me. I should have gone to bed at seven to insure I got enough sleep to deal with him with my sense of humor in tact. I think, I'm going to sit him in the back of the room and just let him draw away. When he fails, he fails. That is that. I've emailed and called his mom multiple times, and I'm tired of his attitude and how he sours the entire atmosphere of my room. So, I'm going to let him draw and read instead of dealing with his smarmy attitude. If he engages, he engages. (I'm up at 11:30-- not a good thing for my little miscreants!!)

I'm about sick of the semester's grades. They took me over five hours to enter into the system; I've done it three times at least. I missed checking some boxes. Some of my changes didn't take. I'm so sick of the computer program that I don't care that two of the grades are wrong. I'm a bad, bad teacher.

But, I redeemed myself in finding some groovy writing lessons. I've been at a loss at how to transmit information about style and format. But, I found some cool video clips on United Streaming. Oh, I use technology. And, my Social Studies plans are little unmined gems.

I got paid today. The check keeps me in the game.

No comments: